Move Out Information
Residents must schedule move out inspections with the office by July 1st. We will perform preliminary inspections in early to mid-July to determine the move out date. Per the lease agreement, leases end at noon on July 23rd. A 7-day extension will be granted if the property has been well maintained.
We only conduct one inspection per property. Roommates, please communicate with one another while scheduling your move-out plans.
Reminder: Upon move out, security deposits do not apply to rent. All rent charges must be paid in full.
Cleaning and Move Out Instructions
- Schedule an appointment to have your carpets professionally cleaned. Carpets should be cleaned last, but should be completed before your move-out inspection. If you are scheduling this service for the same day as your move-out inspection, allow at least two hours for the carpet to dry. A carpet cleaning receipt must be turned in upon check out. Rug Doctors are not an acceptable form of cleaning. Preferred Carpet Cleaning Companies: Pro Clean: 515-232-9035, Advanced Cleaning: 515-292-3456, Maxcare: 641-485-2565, Central IA Carpet Care: 515-708-1494
- Call our office by July 1st to set up your move-out inspection.
- Call all utility companies and schedule to have service cancelled. Service must remain on through your entire lease term.
- Remove possessions from your unit and garage. Do not park on the lawn at any time.
- Read and execute all items on our cleaning expectations list. If cleaning is not performed to the same standard as the received the unit, we will hire a professional cleaning company at the resident’s expense.
- Fill out Deposit Forwarding Address form and return it to our office within two weeks of moving out.
- Fill out a forwarding address request with the United States Post Office.
- All belongings must be removed from unit and garage.
- All cleaning must be done.
- Carpet cleaning must be done.
Residents will turn in:
- Carpet Cleaning Receipt
- Completed Deposit Forwarding Address form
- House and mailbox keys
- Garage remotes
Security Deposit Information
Security deposits are returned within thirty days from the lease expiration. If deductions to the deposit are necessary, we will send a detailed explanation stating why they were necessary.